Guar grows in several countries around the world like India, USA, Pakistan, Australia. Guar Gum Powder is extracted from Guar seed at the end of a multistage industrial process. Some of the useful properties include it being effective in ensuring excellent thickening to a solution and its amazing ability to hydrate rapidly in cold water to attain extremely high viscosity even at low concentration.
Guar Gum is useful in many industries like food industry, mining & construction industry as well as the oil & gas industry. Besides which it also has a high medicinal value and thus is invaluable to the pharmaceutical industry as well. The reason being it is very effective as a natural polymer and versatile too.
This article helps reader understand the use of Guar Gum powder for medicated chewing gum as well as its various properties that make it vital for the pharmaceutical industry.
Medicated Chewing Gum
There have been a large number of advancements in the field of medicine and there are several breakthroughs made every day. One of the products of Guar that is growing in importance for its medical value is the medicated chewing gum.
Besides the fact that it helps one get fresh and clean breathe it is also very useful for the purpose of cleaning teeth. It has been approved for used in several European countries as well. Guar Gum powder has several applications in the pharmaceutical industry and medicated chewing gum which has a pleasant taste and smell is one of them.
There are several benefits of using the medicated chewing gum as explained here:
- It helps keep the teeth clean.
- Provides fresh breath and reduces the presence of bacteria or germs inside the mouth.
- Prevents tooth decay.
- Increases the metabolism rate of the body.
- Reduces the urge to smoke hence is good for those trying to quit smoking.
- It also helps reduce the effect of morning sickness.
- The fact that it dissolves in the bloodstream very fast, does not have any side effects and prevents the concentration of drug in the stomach is very beneficial.
- It is useful for children since it is rich in fibre.
Use in the Pharmaceutical industry
It has a wide range of applications in several industries including the pharmaceutical industry and many useful properties that are invaluable with great medicinal value.
Listed here are its applications:
- It is useful as a therapeutic agent to cure several diseases.
- The properties of being a stabilizer and versifier agent are vital for the purpose of making tablets and capsules as well as binding agents.
- Being a thickening agent, it is also useful in syrups.
- It is useful for medicines that are vulnerable to damage in high heat conditions.
- Patients suffering from constipation benefit from this. The reason being that it helps retain water and soften the stool.
- Those suffering from Diabetes also benefit from this since it decreases the absorption of sugars.
- Helps control obesity by giving a feeling of fullness and satisfaction and effectively decreases the absorption of glucose.
- It aids the treatment of skin diseases like ringworm, itching, psoriasis, dermatomycosis, tinea, etc.
Importance of Guar Gum Powder
It has a large number of applications due to its many good properties. It can reduce any fluid loss and is useful as a surfactant. Here are the common properties of Guar Gum Powder:
- It has high viscosity
- It is soluble in cold water.
- Hydrogen bonding properties are very strong.
- Exceptional thickening property.
- Possesses stabilizing & film-forming properties and helps with emulsion.
It is useful for several applications like as a stabilizer & Fracturing agent, Bonding agent & Hydrocolloid, Gelling agent & Natural Fiber and Natural thickener & Emulsifier.